From:
Dayna Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:39:44 -0800
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to let everyone know that my baby Gonzo passed away
after his pancrectomy today.  To all those who gave me advice on his
insulinoma, thank you.  He was my first ferret, had him since he was a
baby.  He was my one-eyed big man.  The only one who could kiss and kiss
and kiss.  I can't help but think of all the things I should have done
before i dropped him off at the vets this morning.  I should have kissed
him and told him I loved him just one more time.  I haven't talked with
the vet yet, but I know that his blood glucose was up to 80 before
surgery.

They said he started turning blue, so they put him on oxygen and
rechecked his blood and it had shot up to 114 or something.  He was only
three, not nearly enough time here on earth.  I showed his body to the
dog and to his brother and sister, Kodo and Daisy.  I think they know
that he's gone.  Daisy tried to get him to wake up by pushing her face
under his arms at first, but I think she knew.  I am glad that I got the
other ferrets last January.  I think he liked being an only ferret but I
think he loved his brother and sister more.  He hated Lily the dog, and I
am sure if he could bite her now he would.  He loved licking the water
off of the bottom of the tub.  He was just a ball full of happiness.  I
miss him.

Sandee (if we still do that thing) can you look for him at the bridge.
He only has one eye, and his depth perception is a little off.  He is
also a little on the tubby side so he can't balance very well.  When he
gets there, he will need to know where the treats are located (sorry he
is so picky about what he eats) and he will also need to know where the
most comfy sleep sack and hammocks are.

GONZO, I LOVE YOU.  WE ALL LOVE YOU.

Dayna, Bruce, Kodo, Daisy, & Lily
We miss you.