From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:11:05 -0000
Thank you to everyone on the FML from us in SOS on the input re: our
raffle and Ebay dilemma!

A brief executive summary: We are a small group of FML members who raise
money and disseminate it to shelters.  Part of the way we do this is by
accepting donated goods (or donating them ourselves), and then raffling
them, or selling them on Ebay.  The raffles are run by us with BIG
picking the winning number, without knowing to whom that number is
assigned).

Anyway ..  the dilemma I had posted about was that we weren't sure if
it would be "ethical" for us SOS members to bid on SOS Ebay items (from
our own Ebay accounts) or to buy raffle tickets in our own names.  So,
we posted about that dilemma here, to get your input.

The unanimous (or however you spell that ...) answer was that it was fine
with everyone that we buy tickets in our raffles (since BIG is drawing
the number) and that we can also participate in SOS auctions on Ebay
(placing bids from our personal Ebay accounts).  We are very grateful for
all of your input ..  and happy to be able to bid on REALLY cool ferret
items (and human items for ferrets ..) as well!  :- >

- The ladies of SOS