From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:06:44 -0800
FHL folks: over the weekend while y!groups was down, i had a scare with
sid developing a swollen abdomen.  he stabilized, and made it through the
weekend with no changes.  i took him to my regular vet this morning:

update! 1139 am, monday:

took him into my wonderful regular vet at 1030.  he palpated him, and
re-affirmed that he felt there was no fluid in the abdomen, and confirmed
that by attempting to draw fluid.  according to him, the spleen is
enlarged, but not greatly so.  he told me that the abdomen FEELS
absolutely normal, no lumps, bumps, or things larger than normal.  he
felt that an x-ray wasn't neccesarily going to show anything, since he
couldn't feel anything, and did not feel that the situation was absolutely
critical.  we did a blood draw, in hopes that the CBC will tell us what is
going on.

i shoudl have the results of the CBC later today or tomorrow morning.  we
will proceed from there.

-k-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.