From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 20:42:11 -0700
The time has come to start thinking about.....A HALLOWEEN CARD EXCHANGE!!
I have had several requests already, so I guess we are going to do it
again...this time with a little twist to it!  First, for the newcomers on
the FML, let me explain how the card exchange works!

Step 1: email me your home address-your street address....you know-where
your snail mail comes!

Step 2: get some Halloween cards.  You can buy them....or make them-by
hand or on the computer!  Feel free to send a note, letter or pictures!

Step 3: I will e-mail you a list with the names of 13 people on it!  (I
will email the same list to all of the names) One of the names will be your
own.  Your assignment will be to snail mail (us postal service) your
Halloween cards-bought or made-to the other 12 names on the list-no need to
send one to yourself!  In return...the other 12 people on the list will all
send cards to you!  So....your mailbox will be filled with wondrous and
joyful, and probably even some scary Halloween greetings!  What better way
to meet new ferret folk???

Now for the twist: My friend CJ is in trouble...she needs help.  I have a
difficult time standing by and watching this woman without wanting to do
something to help her!  Even though I am in Ohio...I have seen first
hand-on several occasions what this woman does for ferrets!  So....my name
will be on your list of people to send cards to-I am asking that you
enclose a buck or two.  We had 45 people participate in the card exchange
last time...if everyone sends a buck....or if everyone sends two
bucks...well, you get the idea!  I will post the total amount we collect
here on the FML!!

A donation for CJ is not mandatory to participate in the card exchange...so
don't feel like you HAVE to send money!!!  The whole point of the card
exchange is to share our love of ferrets with each other while celebrating
a holiday....if we happen to raise a little money for CJ-well that's just
all the better!!!!

If you are interested in being included in the
Halloween Card Exchange....let me know!!  I'm
makin' a list.....

Judy