From:
D&J Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:44:46 -0700
Laura & Charles:

Sorry that your baby has lymphoma, my Elvis was diagnosed with this
disease in November 2003.  He had just turned 3 in Oct. 2003 and hadn't
played for a while and then the lumps started and Dr. Katrina Ramsell
from Beaverton, OR did the biopsy in November.  We started chemo December
9, 2003 and his first treatment was on a Tuesday and that Friday was the
first time that he started playing again after so long, I just sat and
cried.

It was a 27 week protocol, his was the slow growing kind and he still
wasn't in remission when almost finished so they went back to week 5 and
continued again from there and he went in remission this time.  He never
had any trouble with any of the treatments, except not liking the taste
of some of the medicines but he did go into remission.  While on the
chemo he became adrenal and since was on chemo, couldn't do any surgeries
so he was put on monthly Lupron and when he died this Jan. 16, 2006, he
was still in remission from the cancer, it was the adrenal that killed
him.

So it does work, we were just lucky that we caught it in time and had
a wonderful doctor, actually he had 2 wonderful doctors, our vet just a
few minutes away, was able to do most of the treatments so I didn't have
to drive 2hrs weekly, one way, to go to Beaverton to Dr. Ramsell.

Good luck and hope that you are as lucky with chemo as we were,
Julie, Sammy & Noni & 3 from the bridge.