From:
Ian Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:25:23 -0400
Hi,

One of my two Ferrets, Fergus, has begun losing his tail fur.  He displays
no other problems of any sort, and in fact his energy level has been higher
than typical in the last few months.  I moved to a new house about 4 months
ago, and added a kitten to the menagerie (current total 2 people, 2
ferrets, and 1 cat)--could it be possible stress from these that are
causing his tail to bald?  I have had Fergus for a little over 2 years, but
because he was a rescue (abandoned at a local Petco one night) I don't know
how old he really is.  I suspect he is pretty old though, from the wear on
his teeth (and possible graying--he looks pretty typical sable, but with a
lot of gray in there), and energy levels over the past couple of years.

Any ideas would be very welcome.  Also, if anyone knows of a good Ferret
Vet.  in the Pennsylvania Main Line area I'd appreciate it, my current vet
seems to be a bit lost about ferrets sometimes.

Thanks,

Ian