Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 14:53:10 -0700
Hi all, I just came home from the vet.  Fonzi is not with me, they
wanted to keep him overnight and give him an IV.  Monday things went
downhill--extremely fast.  No signs before monday, just a happy dooking
boy.  Monday he was extremely lethargic when I took him out to play.  He
didn't want to play, he went to sleep.  He has vomited a total of seven
times since Monday or so and he throws up bile.  The last time he ate was
monday, half a can of veal babyfood, a tablespoon of water, a drop each
of ferretvite and tone and thats the last time he ate.  that monday night
he tried to poop 35+ times, waking up almost every five minutes.  Today
he threw up in front of me, wouldn't poop, wouldn't eat, and couldn't use
his back legs.  I brought him, shaking, to the vet and the vet hurridly
looked at him.  He said he was seizing and did a glucose check after they
had given him nutrical.  91.  The vet thinks he's insulinomic, but he
would show signs if he hasn't been eating.  He had discharge near his
eyes, nose and rear and it all points to distemper, but he never goes
outside at all.  My baby is 5 y/o and has eosinophilic enteritis, which
we stopped the pred for and he was doing fine for about 6-9 months.  He
tried to sleep in my bed with me last night but kept having to get up
and poop, get up and poop, on and on.  He has yellow-green teeth and
horrible, horrible breath.  Does anybody have a clue as to whats wrong
with my baby??  Please pray for him, please.  He was so sad when I left
him at the vet and gave him his goodbye kiss.  Thanks for listening

Krista