From:
Holly Edge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:51:35 -0500
My ferret TJ was diagnosed with liver cancer during a surgery to remove a
foreign body from his tummy (the vet noticed a funny looking liver and we
had a biopsy tested).  Since February of 1999 he has been on prednisone.
He is experiencing hair loss and thinning and a pred belly, all of which I
am told is normal with long term steroid use.  Lately he has been declining
a little and I was wondered if anyone experienced in long term steroid
(pred) use could give me any pointers as to what might be ways to help or
sub for the pred.  He has developed large tail cysts/tumors (we noticed
this at the time the cancer was diagnosed, we had them tested and they
were benign) and I fear his time may soon be up.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Holly

The rest of my crew says hi to you!
    Fuzzies:  TJ, Rascal, Baby, Wannabe, Neeko and Snowball (from
rainbow bridge)
    Gracie (the canine), Abby and Oscar (the cat prince and princess)
    and Sam (the hubby)