From:
Julie Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 12:53:47 MST
I am presently using Yesterday's News Cat litter about $12.00 for a 30lb
bag and have been quite pleased with it.  In order to cut costs though, I
am trying out pine wood stove pellets at $5.00 for a 40lb bag and I am
mixing these 50/50 to see how it works.  My four fuzzies don't seem to mind
but I do notice that when the pine pellets get wet they break down into a
fine dust which I am not thrilled about.

My question is how do pine shavings and pine pellets differ?  I know that
pine and cedar are not appropriate for use with ferrets but I am confused
as to why we can use the pine pellets with our fuzzies.

Julie & the Quarrelling Quartet!