From:
Phyl Spy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:45:15 -0500
But this is how I felt this morning, while I was getting ready to go to
work.

This is not the first time that I have had to spend over an hour trying
to explain the intent of a post or defend a post and I know that I am not
the only person who has had to do so.

First of all, I am NOT a confrontational person, so I find it distasteful
to be taken that way.  Any of you on this list who knows me, knows that I
would much rather see everyone do a group hug and sing Kumbaya around a
campfire that get into a bru-ha-ha about a minor technicality in wording.

Posting on this list can sometimes be considered a death wish and I find
this difficult to understand in a community of people who all share the
same passion.

Why couldn't this misunderstanding in wording be taken off list to better
explain and clarify?  Wouldn't that have been a much better use of our
time?  A simple post to me saying, "Phyllis, I don't quite understand
your statement about 'what ever'.  Did I understand you correctly to say
'what ever'?"

Perhaps, in the future, I will have any post to FML carefully scrutinzed
by my attorney, my pastor and my vet before I hit the "send" button.

Phyllis M. Spy