From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 02:38:46 -0700
Just wanted to share this Sunday afternoon story with people who can relate
to it.  The weather was great on Sunday so I asked my hubby if we could do
some cutting on the shrubs on the side of the house where my fuzzy babies
like to play when I take them out on their leashes.  He says, "You want me
to make a playground for the ferrets instead of watching the baseball games
on TV?" I said, "Well, they like to play over there and their leashes get
stuck on the lower branches and there are a few places in the fence they
can get through, and they need a safe place to play." So he says, "Last
weekend you sent me to Home Depot to get a large covered container with
sterilized sand so they could dig, this week I couldn't help but notice a
small tent in the living room that you say is a Baby Hut for them to play
in, and now you want a playground?  Do you think you are being a bit
obsessive about this never-ending quest to enhance the ferrets' lives?"

Well, last month I might have wondered about this myself since we live in
Cacaland and I have no one to compare myself with, but after subscribing
to the FML and getting all these great ideas, I could say with complete
confidence that I am not obsessive, I am a completely normal ferret person.
So while the fuzzies slept all snug in hubby's sock drawer, we tackled the
side of the house with the help of Simon the 65-pound clown dog (who can
do a great imitation of the weasel war dance) and Minnie the 15-pound
queen-of-the-house dog.

We sat on the porch to take a break and a little fuzzy white face peeked
over the grill of the screen door and I could just hear Toeby saying, "Hey
guys, what about me." Who could resist?  So I thought this would be a great
time to try out the stake idea from the FML.  When I asked hubby if we had
a stake so Toeby could join us, he put the leash around a big branch he had
cut and said that Toeby couldn't pull it anywhere.  So once again, we all
got back to our respective jobs, hubby cutting, me raking it into piles,
Simon nosing through the piles, Minnie lying in the sun in a queenly pose,
and Toeby happily digging his hole to China.

I needed to get more trash bags from the house and knowing the dogs would
follow me (that's a major part of their job, making sure I don't go
anywhere without them), I asked hubby to keep an eye on the little fuzzy
one.  Halfway across the yard I hear hubby laughing and when I turned
around to see what adorable thing my fuzzy was doing, I see Simon walking
right behind me with the three-foot branch in his mouth, leash still
attached to both the branch and Toeby's leash, and Toeby obediently
waddling along behind us.  Where is the camera when you need it!

Thanks FML for all the great ideas; it's lonely here in Cacaland.

Buffy and Toeby's Mom