From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:21:48 -0500
Sigh.  I turned the heat on this weekend.  And the fan kept running and
running.  Turned the switch to off on the thermostat and the fan kept
running.  sigh sigh.  Go downstairs to the North side of the basement
where the ferrets aren't allowed.  It's a dirt side with a section cut
out for the furnace and ac unit.  Yuck.  Cobwebs.  spiders.  yuck yuck.
Ferrets clammor at the wooden gate trying to convince me they too need to
be on the dirt side.  Uh uh.  nope.  I spend an hour trying to figure
this big noisy metal contraption out.  Finally give up and scooch through
the door with little ones standing sternly in my way.  umph... go back
upstairs with several little furry followers dogging my every step...
call a friend whose husband works on the huge metal beasts and pace the
house, all the while stepping over fuzzies as I pace from one end of the
house to the next.  He tells me what to look for so back to the basement,
phone and fuzzies in tow, scooch carefully through the door, spend
another 15 minutes working on the metal beast till I finally get the
fan limit switch to click and the fan shuts off.

The ferrets aren't use to not being where I am.  The time spent with the
huge metal beast was as frustrating for them as it was for me.  And they
are still letting me know.

So until I can get a repair person in, we are on limited heat.  I heat
the house up then go to the dungeon side and turn the fan off by that
switch, not an easy task either.  I don't leave the heater on when I'm
not home nor at night so for a few days not only will the ferrets be
testy, but they'll be cool too.  I did toss down extra quilts and
blankets for them to cuddle in.

Of course I have to take away the basement from the ferrets for the
repair person to get in to the metal beast area.  So now I'll have
TESTY cool TESTY ferrets!  argh....

hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services