From:
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 17:57:42 -0400
Hello my friends!  It's still been chaos at the shelter!

On Wednesday, Dr. Regan came to the shelter to vaccinate all our kids who
needed it.  That same night, Spirit & Skye were adopted into a wonderful
home!  i'm so happy for them :) Our little Disco also went to a new home
and she will be spoiled and kissed almost as much as mommie kissed her.

Auntie Paige broke out the beers just before vaccines and before the vet
showed up.  She had to have a tug-of-war with our resident alchie, Kaie
when he grabbed her beer and tried to take it away!  He later scaled a
wall of cages when auntie Paige wasn't looking, and he tipped over her
bottle and had a good gulp before being caught.  Cheeky monkey huh?

On Thursday, the shelter took in two new kids.  BOY ARE THEY STINKY!
They are about a year and a half, NOT neutered and HUGE!  Sorin is almost
5 pounds while Popcorn is almost 4 pounds!  They are chatty little guys
and have been kissed to death by mommie.

On Friday while auntie Debbie was here, mommie picked up Sorin to show
her how huge he is.  Sorin had this huge "bump" on his belly and mommie
said, "no way, uh ah, forget it - you're not tricking me with THAT
thing again!"  Visions of Phil's "bump" went dancing through her head,
remembering the time she was poking at Phil's "bump" before realizing it
was his pee pee :) Auntie Debbie just laughed at mommie!

Razzle and Dazzle were moved into a foster home to make room for the new
kids coming in.  They are having a ball in their new surroundings and are
being spoiled by their foster dads.

Little Quigley ( the boy found under a car, covered in motor oil last
week) was not doing so well.  He underwent emergency surgery on Tuesday
for a possible blockage.  As it turns out, what the vet thought was a
blockage turned out to be his lymph node.  All of them were huge and he
may have cancer.  He's been spending time "down under" in mommie's room
and has just started eating on his own.  Please keep him in your
thoughts.

On Saturday, Dr. Regan is coming back tot he shelter to vaccinate the
rest of the gang.  It's going to be a crazy day, but everyone loves to
see the doc!

My love to you all!  Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org/