From:
Kiffany Stanczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:02:27 -0500
Hi everyone,

I had to let everyone know about these great cage liners I got.  I wanted
to line the wire floors of my new cage the New Englander from Martin's.  I
hated using carpet and vinel.  It was hard to clean and the carpet started
to smell really ferrety after a short time.  Plus I had to sweep out the
food crumbs and what not from the top floors.  I had a couple of small cage
liners that I had gotten off of Ebay.  I loved them, they were cotton on
the bottom with batting in the middle for padding, and the fleece on top.
But they were too small to cover the whole floor.

I wrote the person who made them and she made me some custom liners that
fit the exact shape of my cage floor.  They have metal grommets in the
corners and around all the holes for the ramps, to that I could attach it
to the cage to keep the ferrets from rearranging.  They fit exactly, slits
for the ramps and everything.  My ferrets love the padded floor and sooo
easy to clean.  I just machine wash them.  I got two sets, so one is always
clean.  I have pictures of them if anyone wants one just send me an e-mail
[log in to unmask] or if you any questions about mine.

I e-mailed her a drawing of my cage floor layout, ramps etc. with
measurements.  The liners were $7.00 a piece plus postage.  Alot cheaper
than the $20-30 I found online.  She has lots of different colors and
patterns.  If anyone else is interested in having some custom made ones
for their cage, here is her e-mail address [log in to unmask]

Her name is Sue Winter.  If you ferrets like cheweasels as much as mine you
might consider cotton instead of flannel for the top.  The cheweasels tend
to stick to the flannel.

Take care,
Kiffany and the weasels, Bailey and Dublin