From:
W & H Enterprises <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 06:58:19 -0800
Hello,

I was a breeder.  I have had around 200 kits from 4 jills.  I have a few
questions and an answer.

Feed the kits.  Sooner than every 2 hours.  You will probably lose some.
It is normal for a few to die.  They have to stay warm and next to the
mother.  You have to contantly check they don't get lost in the bedding.
If you do decide to feed, the jill might try to get out and not pay
attention to the kits.  You will need a small surenge or eye droper.  It
won't be easy.  But can be done.  We did it often!

Are you sure she doesn't have milk?  Use mothers milk replacement in a
can.

How long did you leave her alone in her cage, before she delivered?  You
need to leave the jill in her cage about 30 - 60 days in the cage, never
letting her out.  She needs to get use to being alone and in her cage so
she will be not getting out of the cage so she will be a good mom.  I now
this seems cruel but is necessary.

Wayne & Nancy Wellington