From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:10:24 -0400
'Shes all white, so thin I can hardly believe she is alive, scratching
like anything but I see no fleas"

That is how the conversation started -- I have just been on the phone
with Hospice Mom Marilyn. Maddie has been received into the care of
Ferret Wise. Unfortunately Maddie is in very poor shape. She has been
confined to a bird cage for 2 weeks so small she can not turn around
in it, for a little ferret, that is small. Because she bit the woman
who has no clue how to care for her-- after being dumped off by her
p[revious owner. Mom Marilyn was able to pick Maddie up by wrapping her
thumb & forefinger around her middle. If Maddie weighs 6 ounces it is a
miracle. Her coat is very coarse adn she has a bald spot on the back of
her head.

Maddie did not bite despite the new person handling her Mom Marilyn
said she just cuddled up ( maybe she knew she had a chance at life
now.). She was being offfered Walmart ferret diet but she had not been
eating it so the woman had been trying to feed her bananas and raisins.

OH and please don't tell me not to be steaming from the ears about now.
How many years does this type of extreme neglect to animals have to go
on? Neglect that cannot be prosecuted because she called and asked for
help.

Well Maddie will be undergoing a full 2 weeks of nutritional rehab ..
we need to see if jer kidneys are working... We will not be stressing
her immediately with a vet visit,, she might not make it through the
added stress first we will try to get her nutritionally stabilized. It
is for ferrets like Maddie that we certainly depend upon the kindness
of the friends of the shelter to assist. It will be a long few weeks
but in the next few days we should have a much better idea of where we
will be going with Maddie the newest hospice ferret at Ferret Wise.

She has just met her angel Hospice Mom Marilyn... no one can bring a
ferret back from the depths like she can. Thankfully the other 3 in her
care are all at the top of their game so she will have plenty of time
to supplement this kid. Please send prayers to our new gal, Maddie.

Fondly in Ferrets,

Alicia , shelter Mom
www.ferretwise/org

PS-  You can help Maddie by making a donation to the EMERGENCY
Fund  at FerretWise by going to:

http://www.razoo.com/widgets/d86f13ca-ad2a-47ee-b27e-96a3e861c6c5

All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Thanks from all our little ones.