From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 19:51:21 -0400
Nope, it's not ferret math - apparently I'm turning into a miniature rescue
operation. :)  This is the second time I've 'rescued' a ferret in my area.
This particular ferret is a very cute silver sprite named Trip, who belonged
to my mom's neighbors.  She's lived in a wire cage in a garage all of her
life; when I first saw her she was sleeping on the floor of the cage next to
her own feces/urine because there was no litter and no bedding.  When they
cleaned her cage they put her into a cat carrier - she never got out to
play.  I gave the owners a leash with harness and a hammock and they did
walk her.  However, they had to gave her up because they didn't have time
for her.

She's a *very* sweet ferret.  She doesn't bite hard when playing, she
doesn't nip fingers or noses, and she dooks and dances with excitement
whenever she sees someone nearby.  All it takes to get her to play is a
finger-wiggle.  I cleaned her up (9 fleas -ugh) and gave her a cage with
litter & Totally Ferret (she's been eating MF food) and now she's in my
bathroom where she's confined until I can 1) get her shots 2) make sure
she's properly de-flea'd.  She's already tried to steal my shower curtain
(grin).  My initial impression is that she's a very smart, happy ferret.
Her previous owners said she was a year and a couple months old.

I need to adopt her out to someone, as I am not going to keep her.  I will
say right out that I am very picky about ferret ownership, so if you are
interested and contact me prepare to be grilled.  :) I would like her to go
to a home where she has plenty of room to run.  I don't know if she will
adjust to other ferrets - I will try introductions soon, but suspect she'll
adjust well.  Oh, and she's not in the SLIGHTEST litter-trained.  :)

If you're in the southeast MI area and are interested, do contact me.

Melissa

PS - Oberlin shelter folk - if nobody contacts me up here I will probably
arrange to send her to you guys; although it may be too late at that point
and she may have charmed me into keeping her.

 __ Melissa Litwicki ____ [log in to unmask] __
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters