From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 19:27:31 -0500
Hi, fuzzy-lovers.

With the recent controversy going on about the Spokane case, I really must
say that I would never think of asking for my contribution back.  It is my
understanding that the money went towards supplies and medical care for the
surviving ferrets, -not- to Jean herself.  I can honestly say that even if
authorities had known beyond a shadow of a doubt at the beginning that Jean
-was- guilty (which, I might add, we still don't know...failing a lie
detector test is not by any means an indication of guilt), I would have
still sent that donation in, knowing that my money was going to the proper
use...for the care of the ferrets.  I do hope the true perpetrator of these
murders is discovered and punished, whether it be Lance, Jean, or someone
completely different, but I would never have wanted the surviving ferrets to
suffer just because of the possibility that Jean committed this crime.

Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, and Loki
"Happily ever after fails and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales."
                    --from "The End of the Innocence"
                      by Don Henley