From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 20:12:25 -0700
Hi Folks,

The Outcast of Redwall is one in a series of many Redwall books by Jacques.
All of these books have animals as main characters.  Many include members
of the Mustelidae family, badgers, otters, ferrets, etc.  My mother is in
the process of acquiring the entire series, handing them over to me one
after the other as she finishes them.  They are well written and shouldn't
be disregarded simply because ferrets are often the bad guys.  In fact,
in the Outcast of Redwall, though ferrets play the bad guys, a badger
plays the hero.

As to temporary tattoos, I think that is a great idea, and have played
around with the idea of printing off sheets of such.  You can buy inkjet
temporary tattoo paper.  Just buy a pack, usually of ten 8 1/2" x 11"
sheets.  Find the designs you like, and print.  I think it would be a
wonderful fund raiser for shelters if only the paper were slightly less
expensive.  But these specialty papers usually get a little cheaper some
time after they first release them.  I know that is the case with the
transfer papers they now have available.  They also make window sticker
paper, printable cloth, and many other things which I think could open up
whole new interesting avenues for shelter fund raising.

Melissa Barnes