From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 19:52:47 EST
[Moderator's note: Unfortunately, there are a few sad notes here :-(  I
hate to start things off this way, but if anyone has ideas or soothing
words, I'm sure both would be welcome.  More than anything though, there
is much love evident in post after post in this FML.  (In most FMLs!)
These critters do seem to pull our hearts all ways.  BIG]

Please excuse any mistakes I may make in this letter.  I am sick to my
stomache and crying like mad.

Rascal has left to join Lady and Zeus at the Rainbow Bridge.  This morning
I went to give him his meds.  He was weak and didn't really want to eat.
It took some coaxing, but I was able to get some soup and meds into him.
Socks seemed to be okay, i guess.  He had the energy to chase after one
of the other kids.  But his appetite dwindled as well.

I placed Rascal back in the cage so he could sleep in comfort.  I went in
at 4pm to get him for another dose of meds.  Socks was laying outside the
cage looking in, he almost seemed to be crying.  I could see droplets of
blood in the cage.  Rascal was cold.  Blood was around his mouth.

All my other kids are showing symptoms of some illness.  Eyes are closing,
but no discharge, rashes on bellys and backs, heavy hacking.  None really
seem lethargic until the disease starts taking it's course.

We'll be going to the vets soon with some of the others for bloodtests.
While distemper was a possibility we did not seriously consider it because
of the vaccinations and the fact that some of the symptoms were missing.
But, like people say - vaccines are no guarantee, viruses mutate so
vaccines may be useless.

I don't know what I can do.  Was it something I did?  Something I didn't
do?  I feel like the carrier of some black death.  Just a few posts ago I
mentioned people should go to pet stores and hug the fuzzies to show them
about love.  Now I am getting afraid to touch one.  I almost feel like my
touch leads to certain death.  How can I ever bring a new fuzzy into this
house without thinking they would surely die ?

I love these kids with all my heart.  They are the most important thing in
my life.  We share love, they are my anxiety relief.  Nedless to say, my
emotional well-being, mental and physical health are being stretched to the
limit.  People have often told me, and at times I really beleived that the
Powers that ve will not give you more then you can handle.  Well, I think
they overestimated me !!!

I had Zeus cremated and brought his ashes home to honor him.  I wished I
had done that when Lady left.  I had hoped to do that with all the kids
when their respective times came.  Lord knows, with medical bills and all,
I sure can't afford to if they all start going one after another.

If anyone has any good prayers, please say them for me and my kids.  I'm
running out of prayer myself.  Anybody got a Christmas miracle they want
to share - I can use it.  otherwise, it's going to be a very sad Christmas

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~
Cinna~Racer~Muttley~Dookesbury~
Guardian Fur-Angels -  ~Lady~, ~Zeus~, ~Rascal~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see      KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                     http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.