From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:36:40 -0500
I left the house this morning and gave kisses to four ferrets.  I came
home to three.  My baby, the youngest and smartest of them all had passed
on.  Star of Eris, my silver 7-9 month old rescue is gone.  She was still
warm when I found her.  She was my biter, but had done wonderfully the
past month.  No bites, only a few ankle nips.  She was the most
intelligent of the three and had quickly stole my heart.  Her brother
Beorn Bear was rescued with her and is fine.  Bonnie the midget and Clyde
the lunk are playing with him and they seem fine.

I have an appointment to drop her off at the vet for a necropsy at 8AM.
She seemed fine and hyper, war dancing, climbing the walls, and cuddling
last night.  I got my kiss this morning and she was mad she didn't get
out to play.  She was warm, semi-limp, glazed over eyes, and saliva (some
thick, but not alot) in her whiskers when I picked her up to go play this
evening.  My silver baby is gone.  I don't know what happened.  All I know
is that I am worried for my other three.

Sandie, watch for the silver ferret with the white star on her back and
shoulders.  She is full of mischief, loves to chase cats, and is too smart
for her own good.  Tell her I miss her.

Gail
Bonnie, Clyde, Beorn Bear, and missing Silver Star of Eris