From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 05:28:36 -0500
I really made every attempt to start answering email, but for the last few
days getting online has been next to impossible.  Not at my end; the new
students must have some sort of online fetish or something....reminds me
of my pal Sam and her love of ICQ.

Update on Foster since lots of the email seems geared towards him.  He is
doing somewhat better.  He is urinating more, but I have to help him out if
the bladder gets too full.  His heart meds seem to be working, but he is
still very weak in the hind legs, and is still sleeping too much.  The heart
meds have given him runny, slimey stools, but he remains hydrated and his
electrolytes seem to be ok.  Today he ate three mice, some heavy cream, a
few pieces of chicken, and chewed the ends off a chicken femur.  The bad
news is he is pretty much out of potty control, so I have to follow him
around with a wet sponge.  I don't mind; I guess I'm sort of fond of the
old guy.  Silly is almost a spitting image of Foster, and this morning I
saw Silly run by and thought it was the old guy.  Had to listen to the
blues after that one.

I am still trying to figure out a name for the new girl.  Lots of
suggestions have poured in, and so far I am leaning towards Sarah V. Ferret
(V for Vaughn), Ebony, Lady Noir and Dark Shark.  I have to decide soon
because I'm getting tired of saying "Hey you, stop biting my foot!" I would
select Lady Noir, but since I can't pronouce French (and if you heard me
pronouce Carbone you would know I can't pronouce Italian either), I would
have no idea of how to say the second part.

As for my three guests, at least one east coast momma will be happy to know
that BB (Baby Boy) is doing just fine.  What a cute little monster!  If
anything happens, and I mean *anything*, his little nose is right in the
middle of it.  Cleaning potty?  He's right there.  Picking up toys?  He's
in the middle of it.  Tui and Silly fighting for dominance?  His little
nose is inches away.  Squeak a toy and he comes running in so fast you
would think he has legs longer than the little stubs attached to his body.
He may not be faster than a speeding bullet, but he is at least as fast as
a pumped-up bb, just as small, and has just as much of a sting when he
hangs from your lower calf.  By the teeth.  He sucks down anything put in
front of him, which is good when it is food, but not so good when it is
napkins.  And he barks for jerky.  He caught wind of Foster's salmon jerky,
tried to steal it, and barked at Foster when he lost it.  He got his own
piece and growled for at least 10 minutes inside a tiny south Florida tent
I "borrowed."  Oh, he adores my cargo pockets, and sleeps in my shorts for
hours while I look at stuff and take measurements.

I was told the mail server would be fixed by the weekend, and will go
through the mail as soon as possible.

Bob C and 22 MO Carpet Monkeys