Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:51:46 EDT
I've solved this problem!  I just recently moved to an apartment, used
to live in my mom's house, which though much bigger was actually easier
to ferret-proof--there were separate rooms and levels for the cats and
ferrets.  Well, now the cat food is in the kitchen and the cat litter box
is in the bathroom.  The ferrets have free-run of my bedroom during the
day and are locked in their 3 level cage at night.  They get run of the
apartment in the morning and evening--the cat runs to my daughter's room,
which gets blocked off (her toys are now off-limits), and I lug the litter
box to the blocked-off kitchen till the ferrets are done playing.  Tonight
I had Merlin out to play for a while by himself so I didn't bother to move
the litter box.

After he discovered it on his first run through the bathroom, and I lugged
him back to the living room, we developed quite a fun game (or so HE
thought!) He would run and hide under the sofa, then pop his head out to
see where I was.  Then I would hear him scurry out behind the sofa and
across the linoleum dining room into the bathroom as fast as his little
legs could carry him on the slippery floor--straight for the litter box.
Me being bigger and more sure-footed on the linoleum meant we got to the
box at the same time :-) and back I lugged him to the living room.  It was
great fun, tired me out but he was still raring to go after about 10 tries!

For those of you who follow the FML on a regular basis, my email has
changed.  I used to [log in to unmask]

Time to go clean some you-know-what!
debbi, Merlin, Molly, and Casper