From:
JENNIFER SALLAND <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 19:48:46 -0500
Hi everyone:

I've only posted to the FML a few times; I'm mainly a lurker.  But I
think I just need a little comfort, reassurance, or advice right now.
I have a 5 month old butterscotch MF male.  I've had him for about 3 months
now, and I saw him throw up for the first time tonight.  He vomited twice in
the span of about five minutes.  Being the worrywart that I am, I took him
right to the vet's {after hearing so many horror stories about blockages}.
The vet applied pressure to where a blockage might be, and didn't find
anything.  Dare <my ferret's name> is not showing any unusual behavior, he's
active and perky as usual.  I *did* notice that there was a larger amount of
food still left in the bowl than usual, and that there was no food in what
he threw up.  What came up was almost clear, with just a slight tinge of
yellow to it; and it was relatively think, not watery.  He did it in his
cage, and it kinda just hung from the wiring on the bottom.  {Sorry for all
the icky details, but I figure it's best to be as thorough as possible.} The
options my vet gave was to either leave him there for the night and he'd be
watched, or take him home and watch him.  I decided to take him home, since
the vet's is only open till 8pm.  Has anyone else experienced something
similar to this with their ferret, or have any idea what it could be?  He
seems to be okay, but I just can't help but worry.  He's my baby.....

Thanks,
Jennifer & Dare