From:
Amanda Wheat-Simms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 12:59:40 -0600
I'm sure every last one of us has some example of the strange and
bizarre things that our ferrets do, but this is one I have not seen
before.

For months now, I have been hearing this wierd squeaking noise coming
from my kitchen area. I only hear it for a minute or two, but by the
time I get over to the ferret cage, it stops. Well, the other day, I
finally figured it out.

My cage has glass water bottles, with plastic lock-crocks underneath
to catch any drips. This setup has worked beautifully for me for the 7
years that I've had ferrets, at least until Franklin came along. Our
big baby Frankie has been crawling inside one of his sleepy sacks,
scooting it over next to the lock crock, and biting the plastic crock
THROUGH the sleep sack to make that noise. I guess he's just bored,
and he's not hurting anything, but I thought it was kind of an amusing
story.

Amanda