From:
Michael Ochs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1993 08:39:00 -0500
I am not yet sure whether to celebrate, however
strange things are occuring with Buttercup.  For
those whose don't remember, Buttercup had an
adrenal gland removed in June and I have been
patiently waiting for her vulval swelling to go
down and her hair to grow back.  Finally I gave up
a couple months ago and assumed something more
was wrong.  After an HCG test it looked (though
unclearly) that she might have retained ovarian
tissue.  My new vet talked with Dr. Brown and
Dr. Rosenthal and the going bet was active uterine
stump which apparently has been seen quite a bit
by Dr. Brown.

So, we had decided to try a large dose of HCG to see
if it would do the trick, but before we could--  Two days
ago her hair was clearly coming back in, a dark winter
coat and her belly stripe (shaved off in June) is there
again.  Is it just a long recovery from the adrenal problem?
Is it the season and some odd removal from some weird
form of being in heat?  Who knows but I'm holding off on
the HCG to see how things go.  She is as lively as ever and
shows no signs of illness besides the vulval swelling (as
usual).  Anyone got a clue on this one??

Since one of my cats is still missing and the new one is
busy refusing to lose tapeworms (yuck!!), it is nice to have
some good news to report.

                Mike, Erica, Ian, Inigo, Buttercup, ...