Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 12:16:59 -0500
Greetings Folks,

With all this talk of ADV, I was wondering, how many ferrets in the past
have come from mink/ferret farms?  Of those farms, how many were
responsibly run?

I have been told that there are several ferret/mink farms in the United
States, and if what I had been told a few years ago, Marshal used to be a
mink/ferret farm.

This all brings up the question, could a good portion of our ferrets test
positive for antibodies because of the history of its parents?  Again,
assuming I remember something I was told a few years ago (poop fumes again)
some antibodies are passed on, (I am not a vet and remember that is
assuming what I was told was correct)

ADV is a real concern for me, I have a mink in the shelter that lives
with a ferret, Smokey (mink) and Sidney (ferret).  I also have a very
people loving, cuddle baby mink, Trouble (I adore him).  (All have tested
negative) So, ADV is a real threat to me and just wondering.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter