From:
ferretfanatic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:10:30 -0500
I always let the fuzzies play in the plastic bags from the grocery store,
with supervision of course.  Had them out playing in plastic bags Sunday
evening and was cleaning their cage.  Happened to glance back, and Ginger
had the handle of one of the bags twisted tightly around her neck.  The
more she tried to get away from it, the tighter it got because she was
stepping on the bag.  I reached down and picked her up, and she bit me.
Didn't draw blood, this is good for a reformed severe biter.  It took
some doing, but I did manage to get the handles off of her neck.  She
bit me again, very gently on the thumb, then started dooking up a storm.
Guess that was her way of thanking me.  But, this is a scary situation
and I could have easily had lost her had I not kept paying attention to
them playing in the bags.  All is well now.  And you better believe they
will NEVER play with plastic bags unsupervised.

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
Woody, Miss Tizzy, Ginger Snap, General Kaos & Taylor!