From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 06:51:41 -0500
My husband and I have always used the term "chook" rather than "dook" to
describe our ferrets' vocalization and eventually we got around to calling
the ferrets themselves "chooks" sometimes.  That in mind, I think we've
found a place you can order BBQ or otherwise prepared ferret while dining
out!  The Outback Steakhouse chain offers "Chook" prepared several ways,
including, I believe, "Chook on the Barbie" and "Sweet Chook O' Mine"!  And
I think yesterday's poster who reminded us that ferret tastes like chicken
must be correct-- the Outback menu descriptions for their chook dishes all
mention chicken....

Debra