From:
"Ingrid K. Lower" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:43:52 -0800
Hey there,

A long time ago on the FML, we all discussed our birds of prey and
ferrets.  I bet if you searched the archives, you would find all of
them.  Lots of good stories.

I remember the story Sukie posted.  About the owl and how she had to act
like she ate her ferret.

I remember another story, but really sad, some people went camping with
their baby ferret, it was playing on the ground and some bird swooped
down and grabbed it, flew off into a tree and ate it right in front of
them.

Years ago, I used to take my ferrets to the park at night.  Less people
at night.  It was a well lit park.

The ferrets were snooping around in the grass and a small owl came in and
was hovering right above one of my ferrets.  Now this owl was very small,
light brown and he acted very confused.  My ferret started to jump up and
down.  Trying to play with him I think.  I was horrified and ran over to
make sure nothing happened.

Then the owl flew over to a nearby fence and sat there doing that back
and forth head movement.  Then another owl showed up but much smaller
than the first one.  They both sat on the fence and watched us while I
watched them.

Ingrid