From:
Arthur Grondine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1993 20:13:46 -0500
Greetings boys and girls of the human and ferret species,

     Just an update regarding Guys symptoms.  I'd like to thank Dr. Williams for
his response.
I brought my ferret the a vet in West Hartford, Ct.  She said he had an enlarged
spleen and his glucose
level was 42.  She put him on prednisone and lite Karo syrup.  His insulin to
glucose level
turned out normal.  She then Xrayed him and found -U guessed it- and enlarged
spleen crowding
the stomoach which was crowding the liver.  We are currently waiting for the
results of a blood
test that will determine the condition of the liver.  She also said that the
total cost for surgery to
explore and remove the spleen if need be would be from $300 - $500. Yikes...I am
already in for
~ $200 for blood work and xrays!  She said that she has had very good results
treating ferrets
with prednisone and all those other fancy names of drugs that I wouldn't try to
retype here.
Well, that is the scoop.  Any comments/ovservations?

[Please try to prevent your mailer from doing the above.]

-> Art Grondine and Guy Ferret