From:
Eliza elizaraven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:04:42 -0500
Hello FML!

This is a follow-up to my previous post requesting shelters nearby
Brookline (Boston), Mass.  I didn't have any time to visit a shelter,
so I guess it was just as well that I wasn't able to find one.

My mom donated a kidney to my aunt (her sister) on Thursday.  The surgery
went great, even better than expected!  My mom was released from the
hospital Saturday morning, and walked back to the hotel!  She is about 95%
back to normal, but will need to take a nap each day until she builds up
her energy.  She is looking forward to spending the week in Boston, touring
the city, seeing the sites, and eating the great food.  It is just simply
amazing that she can do all this after having a kidney removed just days
ago!  My aunt is a few days behind my mom in recovery time.  She was
released from the hospital on Sunday (I think) and is adjusting to all the
new medication.  My aunt's new kidney is working great, and we are
optimistic that she will fully recover.

If anyone has any other questions; feel free to email.  Thanks to everyone
that sent an email and took time to think positive thoughts for my family.

Thank you BIG for posting this *please* as I realize it is not ferret
related.  If you haven't already, get the Ferrets for Dummies book!
It's a must-have, must-read!  Keep up the great work Sandee!

Dooks!
Eliza in NE PA with the Fuzzy Four

[Moderator's note: It's not too ferret-related, but it does fall under
the guidelines of "major personal news".  BIG]