Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 12:12:16 -0400
Hi All!!! To those who have supported my idea to have a "Ferret
Gathering of The Nations" - I thank you whole heartedly!!! I cannot get
over the amount of POSITIVE support that this group gives to people.
Each and every one of you is special and I am grateful to be part of
such a great group!!

Now on to big biz! I had to take Rickie in to the vet this Saturday -
to do a recheck after a melatonin implant. Everyone will be happy hear
(well, I was happy to learn) that Rickie has put on 1 pound since being
on the melatonin. His coat is still kinda coarse and scratchy - but
it is indeed improving. He still has the "pear" shape goin on, but
everything else is going great. He has a great appetite again, and is
playing with the other kids again. The only "down" side to it all - is
that he sleep alot more. Now that could be from either the melatonin,
or the fact that he is about 6.5 yrs. old, we're not sure. Another
thing he does now, that he NEVER did before - was allow me to 'cuddle'
him, while he was sleeping. B.M.I (before melatonin implant) - he would
never stay still long enough to cuddle. All in all, it has turned out
positive though.

Anyways - while at the vet, I was reading his bulletin board and found
a card for Sandy R. - another member of our distinguished group. Her
card mentioned Ferret Gathering, so I gave her a quick call. She agreed
that it would be a good idea to try and have a picnic get together -
and then she graciously agreed to help me plan this! Thanks Sandy!!! So
here is what we want to do: A Fuzzy Picnic. I'd love to get some ideas
of parks in ABQ (I am not all that familiar w/parks we could use) that
would be convenient for those who would like to attend. Also - I'd like
to get an idea of how many people would be interested - so if you live
in New Mexico - and would like to attend, please please, please -
contact me at my email addy, so I can get an idea of how many people
we'd have to plan for. I'd sure appreciate it too - if people would
send me dates that would be good - so that we could come up with a
common date, that will work well for all! I was hoping to do this
perhaps by the end of June - so check your calendars and get back with
me please!! When I get enough dates/ideas - then I can pick a solid
day - and get with the parks and recreation department out here, to
reserve space.

As for food, I was thinking we could either take donations for
hotdogs/burgers, or if you would prefer to bring your own grill items,
that is fine too. I would happily donate my husband as the "master
griller", so that we could all chat, and he could do all the work! As
for how much this would cost us - a dish to pass would be the only
payment you'd need to get in *smiles*. I want to keep the picnic just
as a Meet & Greet, with no real forums. It would be simply to meet
each other, and trade stories, ideas, etc. So - to those that are
interested, please email me as soon as you can, so we can come up
with a solid date.

I am looking forward to meeting new fuzzy folks!!

Kim and Her Army of Idiots in Albuquerque New Mexico

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....