From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:14:56 EST
In regards to the 82 ferrets that were killed:

You know there's an old saying, "payback is a bitch".  I'm a firm believer
in justice and that everyone, sooner or later and in one way or another,
pays for their actions.  While it may sound cold and cruel, I hope that the
person who committed this crime is meted out justice most fitting.

As far as the lack of interest that Ms. Smith has seen with the authorities,
I would suggest that she or someone on her behalf contacts every animal
protection and rights organization they can think of.  Contact the media as
well.  Contact any citizen watch or other such organizations in the area -
these organizations may realize that the criminal involved may expand his
future victims to include humans as well.  Draw as much attention and
pressure as is possible to this case.  The attention will force, and rightly
so, the authorities to take an interest.  The blatant disregard for life and
cruelty shown should have scared the hell out of the authorities.

My prayers and tears go out to Ms. Smith and her ferrets.

-kim

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.