From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 06:58:44 -0800
This is indeed great news!!  Having lived in California most of my life, and
only discovering the joys of being owned by ferts (my two owners are Kit Kat
and Tic Tac) after I moved to St. Louis, I am indeed heartened by the
results of the shedding studies.  Even though ferrets are legal in Missouri,
my last check with the vet confirmed that it was a kill-and-test state.
Hopefully, the new recommendations will change this.

NOW, on to the meat of why I am de-lurking.  HOW WILL THIS AFFECT THE
LEGISLATIVE EFFORTS IN CALIFORNIA?!  Hopefully, this will be more ammunition
for legalizing our fuzzies in the only ferret-free state left in the
continental United States.  I intend to move back to California in a few
years, and I would like to bring my fuzzies back with me.  I am not up to
date on any new happenings with the current bill, although at last check I
believe that it was on schedule in the Senate for the next session.  PLEASE
use this information to EDUCATE a media that has so far done very little for
the legalization effort (e.g. the incident with the Live 105 DJ in San
Francisco, and others too numerous to mention).  This is more POSITIVE
information that can and must be used to help the legalization effort.

My prayers go out to any owners in California who are still hoping for the
day they can take their fuzzies out in public without fear of reprisal.  I
am, at least in spirit, one of you.

-Rexfelis