From:
MWall84314 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 08:02:24 EDT
I wish every ferret, nation wide had a computer but unfortunately they
[ferrets] don't have a voice, YOU DO!  It took me 15 minutes to compile the
following information.

Sukie has been urging people to contact their local health departments, vets
and animal control agencies to make sure they are aware of and will comply
with the new Compendium.  Let me add to that a suggestion that you inform
them of local shelters that are willing to provide for the quarantine, and
that no ferrets are "unwanted"!

Rep. Jamie Callender Distr. 70 [Willowick]
http://www.house.state.oh.us/reps/bios/callender.html

Rep. Ron Young Distr. 69 [Leroy]
http://www.house.state.oh.us/reps/bios/young.html

Senator Patrick Sweeney 23 District
http://www.ohiosenate.state.oh.us/senators/bios/sweeney.html

Senator Jeffrey Johnson 21 District
http://www.ohiosenate.state.oh.us/senators/bios/johnson_j.html

Above is a list of the Legislators in and about Lake County.

This is where you can locate your Districts Senator
http://www.ohiosenate.state.oh.us/senators/

This is where you can locate your State Representatives
http://www.house.state.oh.us/reps/index.html

This page has a link to,"Getting your voice heard"
http://www.house.state.oh.us/

This page has a word search.  Type in,"rabies." Did you know that, according
to Ohio's State Statute [955.26.1],[955.261] titled; Duties after dog bites
person; quarantine that any dog in Ohio by law can not be destroyed until it
completes a quarantine period unless it becomes aggressive posing a threat
to humans?  http://204.89.181.223/cgi-bin/
 om_isapi.dll?clientID=3980&advquery=Rabies&infobase=orc.nfo&record={3DBA81}
 &softpage=Browse_Frame_Pg&x=48&y=5

If you want help, you know how to reach me.             Marie