From:
Kathy Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 00:59:31 -0500
I know that ferrets have lousy eyesight, but can anyone confirm that they
see their reflections?

Felix, my lone (for now) male sable has runof half of the apartment.  To
keep him in his half I cut a peice of plexiglass to fit the doorway to the
hall, which is right across from my bedroom door.  At night I often catch
Felix sitting in my doorway very intently looking at the plexiglass.  My
only guess is that he's trying to figure out where "the other ferret" came
from.  I've seen him actually go to walk out the door and stop short,
staring at the "ferret shield".  He'll usually slink back around the corner
of the doorway and then peek back out to see if "he's" still there.  It's so
cute.  He'll even occasionally lay down in the doorway and then pick his
head right back up, as if he's surprised to see "the other one" do the same
thing.  *big silly ferret-induced smile*

BTW, what would be the "bacterial" form of something like ECE?  If anyone
remembers I posted a couple of weeks ago about an older ferret I found in a
pet store with a case of constant shakes.  (Thanks to those who responded.
I intended on replying personally, but I've got a bad habit of putting
things like that off.) Well, my roommate and I went back to get her and we
were told that the salesgirl was told that "they didn't have any ferrets for
sale." So, in Ed's flirting with her over the next few days, found out that
someone had bought one of the kits from them and found out it had what
appeared to be ECE but she said it was a bacterial version.  Any ideas?

Keeping all those sick fuzzies in mind with good thoughts (of course),
Kathy