From:
tlelmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:47:09 -0600
Hello!
Special thoughts to those of you with sick babies or fuzzies waiting at
the Bridge.

I posted a few days ago regarding my Rascal and wanted to take a moment
to thank all of you for keeping him in your thoughts, prayers and for
sending advice.  I tried to respond personally to each; I apologize if
I left anyone out.  A big thanks to Hope for the kind message.  This is
such a wonderful group of people.

The radiologist finally got back with his vet on Tuesday.  Turns out
he has a non-mineralized mass in his bladder.  She was unable to
differentiate between lymphoma or carcinoma, but it is highly likely
that the mass is cancerous.  The vet also said one kidney looked normal
but the other showed signs of aging.  All of his other organs were
unremarkable.  She recommended removal of the mass, so my brave little
boy will be going into surgery on Monday.  She will be opening up his
bladder and removing what she can of the mass (hopefully all) and then
the mass gets sent away to be studied or have whatever happens to masses.

A few people told me about Essiac which I purchased and also purchased
Flor-Essence.  I spoke with the vet about this and she wants to wait
until she can check his glucose (on Monday) before starting him on it-
wants to make sure his glucose level isn't too low, because she said
that it can lower that.

He was extra playful this morning.  Unfortunately he didnt want to
play any tonight.  He even fought me when I gave him his meds.  But I
decorated our Christmas tree tonight.  Not knowing what his background
is, I just wanted to make sure that he gets the chance to play with all
the special Christmas ornaments down on the bottom of the tree and all
the Nutcrackers whose behinds Princess always needs to sniff- Im sure
Rascal will need to as well.  Since he wasnt interested in seeing it
tonight, I am just going to pray that he will be home soon after tomorrow
and can enjoy the tree and gifts and bows then.  Im scared, Im nervous.
Im just ready to get it all over with so the vet can call me and tell
me everything is wonderful, Rascal is doing just fine. At this point I
am just going to learn from Rascal.  With all this going on- visits to
the vet, pokes, shaved belly, tests, x-rays, ultrasounds, nasty Baytril,
urinary infections, a mass in his belly- Rascal is still a loveable,
sweet, playful ferret (Princess would just say "aggravating":).  If he
can be positive, so can I.  But just for extra good measure, please send
some good thoughts, prayers, positive energy to Rascal Monday.  Ill be
squeezing him with constant hugging and annoying him with way too many
kisses.  Hopefully we will beat this thing!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tara, Princess Peapie, and Royal Rascal Ratscallion