From:
blondageme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 02:58:34 +0800
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Here We Go Again
>For reasons of my own, I wanted to donate to this particular ferret's
>surgery.

That is fine.  People can do what they like.  Nobody said a word about your
donation.  Nobody said you shouldn't donate.

>I verified that the surgery is scheduled, the check was made out to the
>vet performing the surgery; that was all the information I needed to know
>before I sent my donation.

Now THIS is something that every person that donates should do.  Not to
say that shelters are not honest, but just to have peace of mind and keep
things in check.

>I don't want or need an accounting of Kim's funds, nor do I feel she has
>to justify the shelter/breeder issue before Siggy gets her surgery;

No ferret should be denied medical care for any length of time for any
reason.

>I don't even care if Kim does or does not have tattoos

I think you may be confusing Kims . . .

>Hopefully, my donation will help "one more ferret" have a good life.
>That's it -- the sole purpose of my donation which was made for my own
>personal reasons.

Thank you for donating to a shelter.  You have made a ferret's life easier
and happier.

>I am saddened that something that started out positive on this list will
>once again turn into another bashing.  I will now return to my forced
>anonymous status and skim the FML for information that will enrich my
>ferrets' lives.

I think my post may have been a bit confusing.  I waasn't bashing Kim for
her practices, just saying that that is the exact reason that people get
upset about breeders sheltering and shelters breeding.  I personally feel
that if you breed that you should shelter some, but if you shelter that
you shouldn't breed.  Sounds like a double standard, but it isn't.  If you
shelter, you take on a commitment of helping needy ferrets.  Ones that may
need operations, medication, foster care, ones that bit, ones that are/have
been abused, or ones that may have to stay with you forever.  THAT is your
first obligation.  Maing sure you have funding for those animals.  I am in
no way saying that Kim is doing anything wrong, just that posts like that
upset people.  See how my post was not the only one?  And the other post
was one that was upset?