From:
Jackie DeCarlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 00:16:24 -0600
Hi, wishing all fuzzies and their humans a Happy New Year!!!.  I need
some help understanding what is happening with my little one... As you
may recall, I am owned by Peanut whom I recently wrote in about a severe
reaction she had to her distemper shot..2 days after the reaction she
suddenly developed severe runs and would not eat.Had to aggressively
syringe feed her.  Well now she is in the hospital with an elevated
ALT--1140 (liver function) this test was done on 12/21.  (Her bloodwork
came back okay for everything else).  This from what I understand is quite
high so the reason she is now a patient.  They took another test tonight
12/27 which they just called and said it has gone up.  They have her on
IV's to try and clean out her system... She may be in there several days as
quoted.  Has anyone had any experience with something like this and what
they had done for it?  I am just at my wits end here and praying like crazy
that she pulls thru...She has been thru so much in a weeks time.  Hopefully
the elevation is due to her not eating right and being dehydrated which
was mentioned.  Any advise would be appreciated... Please keep her in your
thoughts and prayers..  I really do miss her tonight.  Much huggs to all
the little fuzzies...

Jackie  Taz and Peanut