From:
Lindsay McGinnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 17:06:52 -0500
Hi there, I have two little ferret girls named Tori and Tabitha.  Both are
about 1year 6months old, and my poor Tabitha has been sick for the past 2
weeks.  She had really loose stool, mostly liquid for a few days and I got
worried and took her to the vet.  She didn't act sick, but it was really
messy.  The vet gave her a shot of Azimycin and a metronidazole solution for
me to give her for 5 days.  She seemed to be ok but, for the past week it
started up again and she refused to eat for 2 days, I took her in and she
was severly dehydrated and had lost .4 ounces in 2 weeks.  The vet kept her
over night (Thurs night) and gave her fluids subcutaneously, and gave her
the same shot and antibiodicts.  She seemed a little better yesterday, but
now today she looks horrible.  She's really weak, can't walk, or barely hold
up her head : ( : ( Does anyone out there know what could be wrong?????  I
need some advice quick!  : ( : (

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Lindsay
Tori