From:
Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 20:57:57 +0000
>I'd first ask the manager for the headquarters 800#..  I know they have one,
>they advertise it on TV..  All the stores here in Az.  have a big sign that
>says they DO NOT sell ANY animals, there are too many already, so they
>donate space to help place shelter animals (dogs & cats here)...

Both PetCare and PetsMart sell animals in Rockford.  Ferrets, reptiles,
birds, etc.  The sign that PetsMart has posted here says they don't sell
dogs or cats, but that's as far as they qualify it.  They have a separate
room with cages that shelters use on weekends for dogs and cats.

I'm not particularly impressed with either store as far as their ferret
supplies go.  The only brand of food sold is 8-In-1 and they have very
little in the way of rat cages/toys/treats.

-----

Questions:

I recently received a Safeguard catalog in the mail.  Does anyone know if
the metal is coated/treated in any way?

Also, does anyone know anything about Midwest's cages?  I believe Ferret
Outfitters has customized their cat cages by adding ramps.  I like the size
and the look of the cages, but I don't know that I want to pay $180 if I
can get it cheaper directly from the company.  If anyone has their phone
number, I'd be grateful if they could pass it on.

Is there a definitive answer as to the use of pine shavings?  I've seen a
ton of conflicting opinions on this.  Pine's the easiest and cheapest for me
to buy, but I obviously don't want to take any chances with the weasels.  I
no longer use the corncob bedding after a piece lodged in Boing's lungs
(doesn't help that the bedding expands slightly when wet).

Last question...Anyone know where whites w/black eyes are available?
I desperately want that one from the Ferret Outfitters catalog
>snort<.

Thanks in advance,
  Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]>