From:
Ilena Ayala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 08:16:47 -0400
>They told me Fervac rabies and fervac distemper.  When I arrived they told
>me Imrab rabies and fervac distemper.  (I have read that fervac rabies can
>be sickening to ferrets, so I was happy to hear they use imrab rabies.)

I think you may have gotten confused on the vaccine names (as apparently
the person on the phone may have been as well).

I checked the Compendium of Animal Rabies Control.  There is no Fervac
rabies.  Closest sounding name I could find was one called Fel-O-Vax PCT-R,
which is made by Ft. Dodge and approved for use in cats only.  The only
'alternative' vaccine to the two vaccines approved for use in ferrets for
rabies (Imrab 3) and distemper (Fervac-D), that I've heard of is Galaxy.
Some people who have used Fervac-D (distemper) have reported reactions and
prefer to use Galaxy.  Others have reported they've used Fervac extensively
with no problems.

-Ilena Ayala