From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:45:38 EST
>Well my ferrets must have read something really scary at my house.  Last
>night Ben and I discovered that the light switch cover was missing a screw
>and there was a metal washer on the bedroom floor.  Now I know isis was in
>the book case and I know the "How to fix it" book was in there.  What do
>you think they are planning?

Lydia, That reminded me of a happening at our house a few years ago.  One
of our ferrets turned up missing.  He was found under the dishwasher.
Apparently one of the screws on the kick plate on the bottom of the
dishwasher was missing, and the one on the other side was loose, so the
plate could be lifted on one side for the ferrets to sneak under.  When I
took the kick plate off, I found a ferret fun house under there complete
with crinkle sacks, food, treats, and toys.  There were 8 very upset
ferrets watching me clean it out and replace/tighten the screws.

The next morning, something very unusual took place.  I had 4 ferrets all
over me while I sat with my cup of coffee, watching the morning news.  One
was on my shoulder, one on top of my head even, and two were in my lap.
Now my ferrets are friendly, but never THIS friendly in the morning,
especially.

From out in the kitchen came a "clatter," followed shortly thereafter by a
"clank - clatter." I removed the ferrets from my body and went out to see
what the others were into.  Two had managed to get into my "junk" drawer
where I keep odds and ends of things.  They were digging around for my
screw drivers which I kept in there.  They were tossing them to their two
buddies on the floor who were scurrying off with them to their hiddy hole
under the china cabinet.

It became obvious, then, that the four who were all over me, were there to
keep me busy while the others raided the drawer for screwdrivers so that
they could open up the ferret "club house" again after I left for work

Never trust a ferret with a screw driver.

Dick B.
4 Li'l Paws Ferret Shelter