Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 20:47:08 -0700
Hi

Someone asked about Sandee before she made the trip to da bridge and what
you know now.  Sorry for the long post.

I met Sandee the saturday after Christmas in 1997.  She was in a pet
store that had just recieved a shipment of baby ferrets.  Even though
these little guys and gals were barely six weeks old closer to five weeks
I think and very tiny, she was the smallest of the bunch.  I stuck my
finger in the cage to pet her on the head and she grabbed my finger and
it took me and the pet store person to get her off.  Needless to say I
bought her and took her home.  She rode the whole way home in my coat
pocket curled up asleep.  Babys are normally nippers but she waz a biter.
I had bite marks all up and down my arm and hand and still carry scars.
But with a lot of luv and liberal use of french fries which she loved
almost as much as raisins she stopped her biting.  She got a little
bigger but never really grew up.  She was the smallest ferret I have ever
seen.  She was also a people ferret.  Even though she liked to play with
the others she was always there when I was there.  She seen me off to
work in the morning and was by the door when I came home.  When it was
nap time for her she would seek me out and sleep on my lap or chest.
Needless to say she was my favorite and my small shadow.  Then one
morning in March of 1999 on a saturday I woke up for work and she wasn't
there.  I went looking for her and she walked out to me but not very
well.  I picked her up and held her and she was not herself.  We tried
to get her to a vet but could not find one that was open.  So I held her
and talked to her and for the next 2 and a half hours I watched her get
weaker and weaker and slowly fade away unti she was gone.  She died at
the age of 15 months old from a torn intestine (so the autopsy said).
The vet said that there was nothing he could have done even if we would
have got her to him as there was no physical damage to the intestine
other than the walls were very thin and it had torn on its own.  He said
it was a genetic defect and a time bomb waiting to kill her.  I was
devastated and to this day I still think of her and I don't think I
will ever get over her.  Maybe this is my way of remembering.

Sandee's Human