From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:35:17 -0500
Many of you remember the issue where animal control moved in on a
shelter in VA beach,, took all the ferrets and closed the shelter.

I just got an email from the owner, a personal friend of mine. She
cannot have ferrets for 3 years. Some of that is past but is killing
her where she took in so many rescues. That was her life. It seems the
VA Beach Animal Control has had some deep issues of their own from
doing other than legal and or moral acts. Some personnel changes have
been made but all that does not cure what has been going on. I stay
out of that part.

So life goes on. There are those still that have ferrets that are being
given to shelters for what ever reason so there are ferrets in need. I
cannot take on any more than what I have but if the time comes I will
keep this shelter owner in mind for others that may need a home. I
really do not mind taking in shelter kids, have had a few.

Sadly shelter kids don't last long where usually they are old in the
first place, but for them any port in a storm is better than nothing
and I don't mind being that port. The two I have now, Peekaboo and
Pester are both rescues. Am very glad to have them.

THese two are bonding to me very well and come to me on their own for
TLC or what ever. Just brought them in from being out on the porch
where they romp. Would have taken them out side except for the blinding
rain, snow, sleet and bull dozer traffic. Those bull dozer drivers
complain about all that fur oozing out of the track cleats when they
run over a ferret. I told them what nice fur that is but they really
don't care.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation