From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:01:17 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was admiring her new door
at her cottage. Her other door had become splintered and worn from a
certain courier ( no names mentioned, or course), who often banged and
hammered at the door instead of politely knocking at the door and
waiting until someone answered. My this door had nice polish and she
could only HOPE that this door was sturdy enough to withstand any
hammering that might come along. Then she heard the whirring of wings.
She held herself flat against the door to protect it. She saw Dexter,
the little boy courier, with a note in his paw.

"SawaFewwet, why you are standing like that? You look kinda goofy like
that. Anyway. I has a note from the Boss that says a fewwet is cwossing
the Bwidge and you is sposed to gweet her. You better gets busy and
quit standing like that. She will be here any minute and you will be
in big twouble if you is late. You know the Boss gets upset when you
messes up. Is there anything you want me to do."

He handed me de note and I read it. I made no comment about the door.
(I really had just given up saying anything to Dexter about just
knocking the door instead of banging on it like he did). I sent him
back to de couriers' lodge and I headed for de entrance.

I was just in time to see de Angel of Mercy bring a sweet little
paralyzed girl fuzzy across de Bridge and laid her right at de
entrance. I put my paw on her shoulder and introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run forever on green grass and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

The little girl looked at me sadly and said, "I don't think I can run
and play though. Thank you for telling me about it. My name is Gidget.
I belong to Mommy Susan and she loves me so much. I just wish I could
just go back home. She said I would have friends here. I don't see
anyone here but you and I don't know you, although I am sure you are
very kind. I don't mean to be rude. Maybe we can be friends but I don't
think I can run and play with you. Maybe you can just roll a ball to me
and I can roll it back to you. Now that would be fun. Or I can play
with a crocheted egg. I can do that."

I advised Gidget to just wait a minute and check out her body before
she said anything else. She started wiggling her legs and then the rest
of her body started moving along and SURPRISE! no more paralyzed body
at all. She really got excited. She got up and began to walk, slowly
at first and then walked faster in circles, and then running.

"Hey come back, Gidget, don't run off just yet!" I shouted.

She came running back. And with a sheepish grin, she said, "Sorry, I
just got carried away with excited at my new body."

I said, "I understand. Many fuzzies do the same thing. I will tell you
some other things. Don't worry about your friends. You will see them
later. And guess what! You are gonna get wings just like mine. Well not
exactly like mine; yours will be special, just for you. Wings are great
for flying about de heavens, sure beats hopping from cloud to cloud."

Then we went or rather ran down de path to de Wing House where de wings
were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box marked
"Gidget." She opened de box and took out de wings--Lavender with silver
streaks. I helped her put on her wings and adjusted her halo. She ran
to de big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection. There she stood
looking at de beautiful fuzzy who was no longer paralyzed. Den she
turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now. Den I gots
an idea.

We opened de door and ran (geesh dis girl was gonna wear me out) down
de path to de Misting Pond. We sat down beside de cool clear water and
with swish se saw a vision of Mommy Susan appear. She got so excited
that she started waving and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. I can walk now and I can
run like the wind. I has wings now and soon I will be able to fly. Oh
and guess what, soon I will meet my friends. And I will be able to
play with them too. So I will be able to have fun with them."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped them with all of
her love and laid dem on a shooting star which was headed to your house
and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere. And with
another swish de vision was gone.

So we left dere and went down de road to a cottage with a big sign
which read "Razorback Lodge." There was a large group out in front
waving to her shouting "Welcome Gidget." She ran to them in joy. There
were fuzzies running in and out of de place carrying food of all kinds
and music was a-playing. I could see Gidget was in de midst of a group
of love. I was invited to stay for de party, but I knew I had to get
home. It was good to see dat she had found her new forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter