From:
Samuel Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 16:48:54 -0500
Hello All,

Our 15 week old has suddenly started refusing to use his litter box.  Its
not a matter of being far from his cage and having to go; he can be in his
cage and will go in the other corner, by the water bottle, next to the
litter box.  Anywhere BUT the litter box.

At first we assumed that he was starting to get too big to fit all four feet
into the standard triangular corner litterbox so we got a tupperware
container and I cut down two of the sides.  He's used it once or twice but
still goes anywhere BUT the litterbox.

I'm leaving a few pieces of litter in the box as a suggestion and he's not
digging in it.

I've tried rearranging his cage so he has no corners and spread his bedding
around to convince him its not a toilet place but he'll rearrange his cage
himself till he has a corner.

This is all very very depressing because he was doing sooo well when we
first brought him home and my girlfriend was really pissed yesterday when he
climbed onto our bed and pooped in the corner.

Help please,
Sam
--
Sam Abbe                                       http://www.red.org/sam/
mailto:[log in to unmask] (home), mailto:[log in to unmask] (work)