Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 04:41:03 EDT
Hi everyone...

Not sure if you all remember, but a while back my mother and I had taken
Mischief to the vet for being lethargic and "noodly" back legs... the vet
herself said she thought and probably definately was Insolinoma.  She also
said he is hypoglycemic (which I have no idea what that is).  I know that
low blood sugar causes (somehow) the brain to become lethargic.  I don't
know how and I also dont know how it causes his legs not to work.  He
wasn't doing bad then, but now I'm becoming VERY worried.  He has "bad"
days every once in a while, but lately it's getting to be more often and
worse.  I cried my eyes out the other day because the poor boy couldnt
even hold himself up to use the litter pan and he gets dazed looks in his
eyes and only wants to sleep.  My vet told us that she didnt have the
facilities to test his blood and that we would have to go to OH state U
to have it done.  She also said it would cost a LOT of money.  I want to
take him to the vet again, but I'm afraid she will just tell us the same.
She's a great vet, but I really need to do something for him.  He's going
downhill rather rapidly.  Can ANYONE *PLEASE* help me?  Maybe you have
questions that I should ask her, or a different suggestion, or maybe even
know more than she does.  We live in WV in case that helps.  I try honey
and syrup, but he absolutely hates the stuff and it's really hard to force
him, even though we manage to get a little bit into him.  Even that is
starting to fail us though.

-Sarah