From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 1994 14:04:26 -0500
Things are settling down again after our 3600-mile Holiday Marathon.  I can't
really say that Pixxel and Rusty enjoy car trips, but if sleeping through
entire 16-hour journeys is any indication, they're not particularly bothered by
them, either!  They clambered happily over our assorted relatives and friends,
winning new friends from New York to Minnesota to Texas and back.  The only
difficulty the entire trip was the night we spent in a motel: reluctant to
unpack the whole car to get their big cage out, we put the furry snakes in the
bathroom for the night.  For some reason, they decided 3 to 6 a.m. was the
ideal time for a vigorous play session, including leaping in and out of the tub,
banging the empty trash can around the room, and generally doing their best to
make sure that neither of the big-soft-pinks got any sleep at all.  Ah, well;
we love them anyway!

Nobody's objected yet, so I'll start sending pieces of the Beginner's FAQ once
every day or two.  Would 80-line pieces be too long?  It should take about a
month to get through it all at that rate.  As always, I'm glad to send a
complete copy to anyone who wants one, and I welcome comments and sugestions!
(That -is- the whole point of sending it to the list, after all.)

Happy New Year to all,
- Pam & Co.